Thursday, June 23, 2011

500 Taco Summer: Days 2&3

The quest continues! After a strong opening day of 12 tacos I slowed the pace a bit, but have still gone well over par. Starting day two I quickly whipped up a couple of chorizo and egg breakfast tacos. They were a nice little snack before work, and I did most of the cooking on them the night before to make it quick and easy to jam down my taco hole early in the morning. Taco count: 14
Two chorizo and egg breakfast tacos.

Lunch time rolled around and that meant time for tacos! I brought with me left overs of the chicken tacos from day 1 dinner. I'm really loving how cheap and easy tacos are, bringing them with me to work meant not buying something for lunch. Three more chicken tacos down. Taco count: 17


3 chicken tacos.

After work I planned on making some plain ole ground beef tacos but... I went out and got drunk instead. Hmmm beer. After stumbling home I drunkenly heated up some more of my chorizo and eggs, topped them with some feta, an odd choice but booze does tend to lead to less than great decision making... it tasted good enough for drinky Stan. Taco count: 20

3 chorizo and egg topped with feta. I also poured some of that whiskey down my gullet


Morning brought me one hell of a hangover... damn the perils of alcohol! In the afternoon, after finally dragging myself out of bed Travis picked me up so we could head to Ballard to find us some tacos and pick up my comic books. Bret, the comic shop guy suggested we give a place called Malena's a try. I was still suffering from my hangover so I only ordered two with a side of rice and beans, good thing two, they were pretty good sized tacos. Travis ordered six of them, and managed to eat all six, I barely managed my two pork tacos. They were quite good though, and the size makes the place a pretty good deal. Taco count: 22

2 pork tacos, side of rice and beans. 

We followed that up with another chaco taco. Hmmm chaco taco. Taco count: 23

Chaco!

Leaving Ballard we caught a showing of Super 8, which was a great summer movie. I would like to watch it again while eating a taco... I came home, whipped up some nice, simple beef tacos four more down, left overs ready for work lunch tomorrow. I finished day three with yet another chaco taco... I need to be careful I don't get myself addicted to chaco tacos, I do love me ice cream tacos. Taco count: 28

4 beef tacos.

Yet another chaco taco... 

Day 4 here we come! My goal for tomorrow is 6!




No comments:

Post a Comment